Re: [Mgs] bronze valve guides

To: pryner@verizon.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] bronze valve guides
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 09:53:27 EDT
Didn't the same shop finish the guides to the valves you are using?   If so
you should be OK - but they need to have been finish-reamed to exact  size.
Call them up and ask them (and why are you puling the valves out  anyway?)

If they installed them without the valves, take the head back, Pressing the
guides into the head deforms them ever so slightly and IMO requires fitting
them  to the valves used.

Normal procedure is to hand the shop the springs, valves, etc. and get back
an assembled head ready to drop on.....

Bill

In a message dated 08/07/2008 5:05:59 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,