Re: [Mgs] Oil leak ( stream! ) problem

To: <agreenberg@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Oil leak ( stream! ) problem
From: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 15:43:07 -0600
Based on your description, my first guess would be the rubber seal on
the oil filter mount. It's a part that people probably seldom replace
but would eventually deteriorate.

See parts 73 and/or 78 on this Moss diagram:

http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=28980

For those of us that use the early years (Mk 1) canister setup, these
are normal items to replace with every filter change.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B