Re: [Mgs] 1500 MGA gaskets

To: "Tom Gunderson" <Thgun@comporium.net>, <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] 1500 MGA gaskets
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 16:57:13 -0700
Tom:

Your car will have a mechanical combination water temp and oil pressure
guage.

It doesn't have a temp sender, but a capillary tube unit that screws
into the head. If this is damaged, the guage needs to be either replaced
or rebuilt.

New gauges run about $170 for a replacement design. You may be able to
get your original rebuilt for less by companies such as Momar in Alb.
N.M. or Nisonger Instrument Rebuilding on the East Coast.

The head gasket set comes with intake/exhaust gasket and all the other
gaskets you need to R/R the Head.

This gasket set is available from a number of suppliers, including Moss
Motors.

http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=29210

Item 1A

Kelvin