Re: [Mgs] engine weight

To: cyberemp@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] engine weight
From: "Richard Ewald" <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 23:11:13 -0700
Off the top of my head, I don't know, but I can tell you that I rebuilt a B
motor in my father's basement.  He and I carried the long block* up the
stairs to the driveway suspended on a 2X4 by a chain around the rocker
shaft.
I wold peg that entire assembly at no more than 300 lbs. tops.  Probably
less.

*Complete engine ready to run except: no oil, no valve cover and no
manifolds.

Rick