Re: [Mgs] Phil Hill

To: "'David Woerpel'" <dwoerpel@wi.net>, "'MGs'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Phil Hill
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 06:04:23 -0500
My wife, the Striking Viking was reading Burt Levy's series of 50's racing
books, starting with "The Last Open Road". Burt weaves fictional characters
with some of racing's true heroes through road racing's early history.

A few years ago, we were walking the paddock at Road America, and over in
the vendor section, Phil was signing books or posters. I said to her,
"there's Phil Hill. I've met him a few times over the years." She turns to
me and says, "He's real? I thought he was just another character in the
book???".

We've had a good laugh over that every time his name has come up.