Re: [Mgs] New Classic Car Oil ?

To: "Eugene Balinski" <eugeneb@nni.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] New Classic Car Oil ?
From: "Eric Markley" <ericemarkley@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 10:24:30 -0400
--===============0061050500==

Hello Gene,

There was an extensive thread here a while back.

SAE oils rated SG and SH still have the maximum levels of zinc and
phosphorus. Later rated oils have reduced levels and should be avoided, in
my opinion.

The Syntec looks like it would work well but I could not find the 20w-50
version locally but did find Castrol 4T four stroke motorcycle oil 20w-50 at
a much lower price than grades of Syntec that were on the shelf. I think it
was US$22 for 5 liters.

If you can't find the Syntec, the 4T seems to be a better chioce than GTX.

Eric
74 B