Re: [Mgs] carb flooding

To: "Bernd" <1971mgb@cox.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] carb flooding
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 09:05:00 +0100
Disconnect the power to the fuel pump and run the engine to empty the float
bowls.  Reconnect power to the fuel pump and turn on the ignition.  The
resulting flood of fuel through the now wide-open float valves may well wash
any specs of out.  If you get no more overflows then all well and good.  If it
happens again after a period of correct running, maybe there is dirt in the
fuel i.e. rust from the tank, or maybe the float valve is on its way out.  If
it floods immediately either you have a sudden and very bad dirt problem
(which should show debris in the bottom of the float chambers), the float
valve is worn out and needs replacing, or the float is punctured and partially
filled with fuel.

If you replace the valves don't be tempted to get Grose jets, go for
Viton-tipped needles.

PaulH.