Re: [Mgs] coming carbon tax

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] coming carbon tax
From: David Breneman <david_breneman@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 08:14:21 -0700 (PDT)
--- On Mon, 10/20/08, Paul Root <ptrmgb@gmail.com> wrote:

> That sounds like a pretty clear violation of the balance of
> powers.
> Not that
> all three branches don't step all over each others
> "domain" all the time anyway.

The problem is, when Congress sets these agencies up, they
give them the power to write "regulations" that carry the
force of law.  Unelected bureaucrats for decades have
been issuing these regulations with no oversight.  That
horse left the barn in the 1930s.

I took a CO2 cylinder in to a local welding supply place
Saturday to have it refilled.  I don't weld, but I do buy
a keg of beer for the occasional party.  I was surprised
when the fellow there opened the valve on the tank and
let it run out completely empty (the regulator shuts it
off at ~500 psi to prevent corrosion).  He said "We have
to empty them before we fill them."  I told him that I
wouldn't be surprised if in a few months that practice
would be banned due to "global warming" and they'd have to
install CO2 capture eequipment just like refrigeration
maintenance facilities use.  He just looked at me like
I was nuts.  We'll see...
http://mail.yahoo.com