[Mgs] Webber carb question, and 71 mgb 4 sale.

To: mgs@autox.team.net (MG LIST)
Subject: [Mgs] Webber carb question, and 71 mgb 4 sale.
From: cyberemp@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 20:18:35 +0000
Greetings wise and illustrious MG list members.
   FIrst, I've rebuilt the webber carb on my 65 mgb, and it runs even worse
than
it did before.
   seems too rich. Much too rich. carb float bowl adjusted, and "top fits all
the way down" on carb. body. I put smaller air and fuel jets in, (came with
delux  rebuil kit) I've tried to find vacuum leaks. Called it names, nothing
has
worked. Any ideas appreciated.

 Second, I've finally run out of parking spaces.
I'm selling my 71 mgb. Located in the San Francisco Bay Area.
71 MGB # GHN5UB 220942 G
engine # 18GK-WE-H-1768
Man 9/70
stock color  orange, black int.

This car is a major project. #s match for motor though. Of course I'd rather
you
fix it than part it out.
   4 speed, wire wheel car. Engine ran when I parked it a year or two ago.
 Both floors rusted badly. Flintstone mobile.
    Car was near coast, so has more rust than usual for this state, despite the
fact that it's a California car.
Pics and more info on request.
  Any reasonable offer considered $500 takes it away, bring a leash.
   Eric

--
1946 MG-TC
Car # 1354

1959 MGA
HDL43/65240
Engine # BP15GB 13501
(Early 1956 motor. Balanced, reground isky cam about the same as the moss fast
road cam grind. Oversize mgb valves.Sacraligeous overdrive. Yea, that's my baby
:-)
Stock Glacier blue,
black int. white piping.(or was it grey?)

65 mgb #GHN3L/ 55205
no engine plate
Green, black w/ white piping interior

1970 MGB # GHN5UA217587 G
Engine # 18G-WE-H-42967
Man 8/70
stock color Flame red. Black int.

71 MGB # GHN5UB 220942 G
engine # 18GK-WE-H-1768
Man 9/70
stock color  orange, black int.

74.5 MGB# GHN5UE364051 G
Engine # (to be filled in later).
white with black int. (Wrong color to go with those Gigantibumpers).
00 Nissan X-Terra  <---For sale soon.
74 F-250 (future project hauler to and from paint shop)
So many cars, so little parking