Re: [Mgs] Mgs Digest, Vol 19, Issue 16

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Mgs Digest, Vol 19, Issue 16
From: UnclStevie@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 01:16:44 EST
Hey Dave Houser
Silicone is your friend. Don't be fooled by cheap DOT 3 or 4 GT LMA
imitations. Your seals probably are swollen. The fix is really  easy. Add
additional
cork or other gasket material between the push rod  assembly cover plate and
the main body of the master cylinder. This will give  the piston the extra room
to clear the fluid return hole in the master  cylinder. You may have to
experiment with number of gaskets to obtain enough  clearance. BTW, you can
make
your own gaskets easily using the cover plate as a  template. This method has
held up for over 6 years now on my A coupe. Since  we have the same car, should
work really well on yours as well.

Ta!

Stephen Edelstein
UnclStevie@aol.com

In a message dated 12/16/2008 2:02:22 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,