Re: [Mgs] Common Language

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Common Language
From: "Oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 08:27:41 -0600
thought i'd add some color to this one.  in the Philadelphia area there are
many welsch towns, such as Bryn Mawr (brin-mar), Bala Cynwood (bala kinwood),
and the hardest is the Schuylkill (school kill) River.

go west to Pittsburgh and you get indian names - the Monongahela River
(pronounced more or less as spelled, probably because its the english
enunciation translated into letters.

this is almost as interesting as talking about cars <grin>!