Re: [Mgs] MG Original Pricing 1972

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MG Original Pricing 1972
From: "Denise Thorpe" <xyzabcde@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 23:51:44 -0500
Hi Hans,

IMHO, the MGB is a much better car than the TR6.  With its separate frame,
the TR6 has much more flex and rattle and the performance is not that much
better.  And there are some very iffy (American for 'dodgy') design
decisions.  Triumph changed models more frequently than MG did and they
didn't seem to take as much care with the design as MG did.  In my car club
experience, just like their cars, people who own MGs seem more substantial
than the boy racers who go for Triumphs.  When the San Diego MG Club would
have joint events with the Triumph club, the Triumph people would drink like
fish and then intentionally stick the MG people with the bill.  Maybe it was
that extra $100. ;-)

Denise Thorpe, always controversial