Re: [Mgs] Trans drain plug leak

To: "Matthew Milkevitch" <mmilkevitch@yahoo.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Trans drain plug leak
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 08:53:32 -0000
Unlike the sump plug the gearbox plug is tapered (like the rubber bumper
gearbox level plug and the axle drain and level plugs) and so should be
capable of being tightened until it doesn't leak.  Are you sure it isn't
coming from somewhere else and simply dripping off there as the lowest point?
If it *is* coming from the drain plug and it *is* tight then maybe the threads
on the plug or the casing are damaged.  Let's hope it is the plug.

PaulH.