Re: [Mgs] Unleaded fuel and Cylinder Head

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Unleaded fuel and Cylinder Head
From: "Stephen West-fisher" <steve@coastaldatasystems.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 22:45:22 -0500
The consensus on the Land-Rover list (if there can be such a thing) is that
it depends upon how hard you run the engine. On an old Series Land-Rover you
are running around 4000-4500 rpm at 60-65 mph (getting up there for an old
farm implement) and folks that do that on a regular basis appear to have
more of a problem with unleaded fuel. Some people don't seem to have any
problems while others do. When my engine was redone I did have the seats put
in but there was no abnormal wear upon teardown.

--
Stephen West-Fisher
Coastal Data Systems