Re: [Mgs] Fw: MGB rear brakes

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Fw: MGB rear brakes
From: Simon Matthews <simon.d.matthews@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 08:24:01 -0800
Paul,

Thanks for that explanation. I think that it matches the diagram on
the second page of that patent that I referred to.

Presumably, the way it works is that when the pedal is initially
pressed, the spring causes the secondary cylinder to move until the
primary cylinder has moved enough to begin to raise the pressure in
the primary circuit, at which time the force from the fluid will
exceed the force from the spring. Is that right? Or is the spring only
there to limit the movement of the secondary piston when the pedal is
NOT pressed?

Simon