[Mgs] rear view mirror

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] rear view mirror
From: Paul Root <ptrmgb@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 09:20:35 -0500
Hi all,
        I've decided that this is the year to tackle the rear view mirror.

        The mirror is fine, and the external casing is fine. But it jiggles a
little bit and, the lever to flip between regular and night view is
broken/disconnected on the inside. These two things kind of sound
related

        Is this fixable? How do I get the mirror out without breaking it?
Last time I looked the case seems to be one piece.

        Oh, it's a 1977, north american of course.

Paul.