Re: [Mgs] barn finds do exist!

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] barn finds do exist!
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 13:19:21 -0700
I would read the owners manual. In those days they were pretty
comprehensive. I'm sure it tells you how to operate the top, at least.

I would imagine you can get the tires from Coker, if nowhere else. The size
is on the sidewall. And in the manual, of course. There is a conversion
chart to modern sizes here:
http://www.vintagecarconnection.com/vintage_tire_size_conversion_chart.htm

Not that this really helps, because those sizes will be obsolete as well.

I would say, just make sure the door latches operate properly. I mean, doors
opened like this for half a century -- they aren't intrinsically unsafe,
despite the derogatory modern appellation.

Have fun!

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149