Re: [Mgs] Adding relays to the headlight circuits

Subject: Re: [Mgs] Adding relays to the headlight circuits
From: Aaron Whiteman <awhitema@panix.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 05:57:16 -0700
On Jun 15, 2009, at 5:46 AM, Jack Feldman wrote:

> You must connect the power feed that will eventually go to the
> headlights to
> the battery terminal of the solenoid.

I took a slightly different approach.

The lights must be connected to a high-amp brown circuit; normally
you'd go with the solenoid.

However, in my particular case, I have a Bosch Alternator with two '+'
spades plus the sense line (both plus spades are hot and run parallel
brown wires to the solenoid).  I spliced heavy wires for my relays at
the alternator spades.  Anything wrong with this approach?

Like Paul, I have separate fuses for each filament.