[Mgs] Danger Will Robinson! TR3 content!

To: MGS <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] Danger Will Robinson! TR3 content!
From: Rick Lindsay <rolindsay@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 07:15:28 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Friends,

   Its been pretty quiet here and that's not always a bad thing.
Still, I thought I would toss in a little post seeing as how I
haven't written much here since I traded away my MGB.  I know
this note contains Triumph content so you can delete now, if
you desire.  Otherwise, please share my excitement over this
old gem.

   A couple of months ago I bought a car I have had on the radar
for nine (9) years!  The owner finally decided to let the car go
and true to her word, she sold it to me.  The car is a 1962 Triumph
TR3b - the 72nd from the end of TR3 production.  It is an original
car, except for paint, and it is a 1-1/2 owner car.  What?  The
original owner bought it new in 1963 and willed it to his daughter
when he died.  She let it set in her garage, untouched but covered,
for 10 years.  I bought it from her a couple of months ago.

   The car has about 41k original miles on it!  Here's a picture
from when I first visited, http://www.aubard.us/tr3a/HPIM1457.JPG

   It was last registered in 1998 with a tag expiring in 1999,
http://www.aubard.us/tr3a/HPIM1463.JPG   BTW, that scarey looking
stuff hanging under the car is leaves caught in spider webs.  The
car has no rust.

   The last safety inspection was done in 1995.  The blue and
white sticker is from Southern Hills Country Club.  It dates
from 24 years ago.  The wipers need a little maintenance...
http://www.aubard.us/tr3a/HPIM1464.JPG

   Since moving the car to Houston, I have been busy preserving
the car.  I have chosen not to 'restore' it but rather, 'preserve'
it by cleaning and maintaining it according to the book.  A car
can be restored as many times as the wallet will support, but it
can be original only once.  I want to keep this car that way.

   Please feel free to visit http://www.aubard.us/tr3a and thumb
through the zillions of pictures.  Please be advised that this is
NOT a website designed for public viewing but rather, just an
off-site place for me to store backups of my car pictures.

Regards,

Rick