[Mgs] MGB transmission

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] MGB transmission
From: "DONALD TOY" <dontoy@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 15:35:18 -0400
Hiya listers,
A good friend and former list member in Indiana, PA has a 1972 MGB
transmission that he'd like to get out of his garage. He took it out only
because he came across a very nice overdrive unit. Anyone have any idea of
what he should be asking? You can reply to me and I will forward any responses
to him. Thanks in advance.
On a related transmission note... I just got the transmission back for my TF
after a rebuild. I took it to a gentleman who was the MG mechanic at Lombard
Motors in Monroeville, PA when it was an MG dealership, then Saab, then boats,
then ATV's, then finally a Florist shop. He's never left the basement garage.
Ok OK he's gone home at night.  He still does maintenance on the florists
fleet of vehicles. Anyway he charged me less than $100. (like 1/2). :^P I just
wish it was in time to put it all back together for the Vintage Gran Prix this
weekend. I doubt it. Thanks again. Safety Fast.
Don Toy
1954 MGTF
2000 Land Rover Discovery
Various and sundry SAABs of early 90's vintage