[Mgs] It's Alive!!!

To: mg-mgb@yahoogroups.com, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] It's Alive!!!
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 13:24:18 -0700 (PDT)
For the first time in 3 years, this happened today......

http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c30/ddibiase/1976%20MGB%20Engine%20Work/?action=view&current=P7180067-1.flv

http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c30/ddibiase/1976%20MGB%20Engine%20Work/?action=view&current=P7180068.flv

You recall all of the strange electrical problems related to starting I had
been having..... I had the battery recharged earlier this
week, and today was the first chance I had to mess a round with it. I put the
battery in, turned the key and voila! Strong cranking
power! Cranked it several times to build up the oil pressure, plug the coil
cable back in and it started almost before I could
turn the key! So I guess the net is, there is no substitute for 12 volts from
your own battery! I think that combined with cleaning
up the connections is what did the trick!

So I took the tires off and took them for air, reattached the crossmember
underneath (had loosened it to get to the earth strap,
which I still have to get a better connection on), put the stabilizer rod back
on the trans, and off I went for a quick blast around
the block!

SERIOUS THANKS to everyone that responded to my many questions about
'lectricity and using the basic tools of the trade.
Now I can get cracking on the small things keeping me from driving the car more
often. But I'll post about those separately....

 Dan D
Central NJ USA
'76 MGB Tourer
'65 MGB Tourer (Project)