Re: [Mgs] MG died this evening

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MG died this evening
From: The Roxter <rocknatural@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 13:43:01 -0500
Bernd wrote:
> Tonight was such a beautiful evening here in the Norfolk VA. area that we
> decided to take the 71 MGB out for a drive, in the middle of our enjoyment
> driving the :B" the MG just quit, I lost all electrical power to the dash,
> easy fix thought I, battery cable loose I'm thinking, so I checked the battery
> cable both clamps are nice and clean and tight, I take my test light check the
> battery full light on the tester, next step was the fuse box, I checked again
> with my test light , I had power to the bottom fuse, no power to any of the
> other fuses, checked the coil no power there either, took my white and brown
> wire from the starter relay and put it on the bottom fuse car turned over but
> no start, (no juice, power, at the coil, I had no headlights, no radio no
> blinker but I my trunk light worked, next think I looked at was the ignition
> switch connection, no power at the switch either, any suggestion would be
> gratefully accepted, AAA towed the car to my place and tomorrow I plan on
> revisiting the issue and hopefully be able to locate the problem (s).
> Thanking all of you in advance
This is not likely your problem, but I though I would throw it in here. Lead
oxide looks just like lead, but it's an insulator, so It might be a good idea
to remove and scrape the terminals and clamps with a sharp knife. If this
happened to me, I would trace one of the dead circuits back to the battery with
a meter.

-The Roxter