Re: [Mgs] MGB speedo cable path

To: fogbro1@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGB speedo cable path
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 13:48:06 -0400
Hi Ed,
   Moss catalogue shows the right-angle drive for the type LH overdrives,
but my '72 GT did not have one when I bought it a decade back and seems
happy w/o the right-angle drive.
   Mine passes is routed parallel to the gearbox, rises at the bell
housing, passes through the firewall just below the right (passenger)
side of the heater box in the  \____/   section (looking straight down)
of the firewall.   I don't know that that is the factory-installed
position, but it works well enough there.
Bob

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 13:13:27 -0400 "Ed Woods" <fogbro1@comcast.net>
writes:
> Hi Bob,
>
> I'm under the car again, installing the speedo cable. It runs from
> the
> overdrive, through a clamp located on the removeable cross member
> then ????
>
> Where does it pass through the body shell into the passenger
> compartment?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ed
>
> P.S. There's no way this cable could utilize a right angle drive at
> the
> overdrive. No room. And there's a notch on the fixed cross member
> that's
> obviously there to ease the passage of this cable, not to mention
> the clamp
> on the bolted cross member. It's a mid year '72 by the way.

Shop & save on the supplements you want. Click now!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTORD04ru2D2Q5bLddDoNC1T7LuLaOG31zpbf4gntf9MLDB5wsNrRe/