[Mgs] $25,999 MGB?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] $25,999 MGB?
From: don <don@napanet.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 11:38:53 -0700
I am always on the lookout for an early B roadster, and came across this
car.  Has the US dollar suddenly lost half its value, or have MGB prices
recently launched into the stratosphere?  Has there been a high price on an
early B roadster at a prominent auction like that $90,000 TR4 which had
every TR4 owner thinking he was suddenly rich?

The white B roadster in the ad is certainly nice, but does not have
concours quality detailing from what I see in the photos.  I don't see
overdrive, the proper little decals on engine pieces, the wire hose clamps,
period radio, and so on I would expect in a car with this asking
price.  Even if it was concours quality, would it be worth that kind of
money??????

http://atlanta.en.craigslist.org/atl/cto/1362180723.html

Don Scott
Calistoga CA