Re: [Mgs] Front Suspension upgrades

Subject: Re: [Mgs] Front Suspension upgrades
From: Aaron Whiteman <awhitema@panix.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 06:45:30 -0700
On Sep 9, 2009, at 6:37 AM, Steve wrote:

> I'm looking into maintainability and the only way I can see to
> maintain the armstrongs would be to remove the front sub frame, remove
> the armstrongs and re-valve/fill them.
>
> Am I wrong?

The Armstrong front shocks attach to the subframe with, IIRC 4 bolts.
To remove them, you disconnect the upper arm from the suspension, then
remove the shock body from the car.

You then replace them with rebuilds that have a lifetime warranty and
stop worrying about it.  When I asked Peter C what I should do to
maintain the shocks I bought from him, the response was "nothing."

I think I had both replaced in one evening.