Re: [Mgs] bonnet release adjustments

Subject: Re: [Mgs] bonnet release adjustments
From: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 21:55:48 -0600
I finally got mine working but I hope writing this email doesn't make it
come back. I think there were three things that did it and I haven't had
the problem for several years.

First, like Max said, make sure you have the rubber parts on the wings
to hold the bonnet in place and minimize side-to-side and other
vibrational movement. Next, I had to make sure the hood lock pin
assembly was centered with the guide plate. And finally and most
important was the right amount of spring tension. It needs to be tight
enough to hold the bonnet firmly but not too tight to prevent closing
the bonnet. When you pull the hood release cable, there will be some
tension and the bonnet should crisply pop up. I've noticed too that on
both my 72B and 67BGT, that closing the bonnet takes a bit of force and
sometimes may take two tries (if it is too easy to close, there is
probably not enough tension to keep it from popping open).

And when I do close the bonnet, I make it a habit to pull up on the
bonnet to insure that it truly has firmly latched shut.

David Councill
64 B
67 BGT
72 B