Re: [Mgs] Re,: Kendall Oil (ZDDP)

To: aekell@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Re,: Kendall Oil (ZDDP)
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 19:08:26 -0400
The argument I have always heard is that old cars were built with
larger tolerances, so to maintain oil pressure and get the oil to be
everywhere it has to be, the 20W50 is better.  On a new modern car,
where all the tolerances are much smaller, much thinner oils are
appropriate.  I'm not really volunteering to defend this logic.  I'm
just saying that it is what I've always been told.

-Steve Trovato
strovato@optonline.net