Re: [Mgs] List Culture

To: "MG List " <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] List Culture
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 22:28:26 -0600
I've been doing this lists for 20 years.  In computer terms, that is almost
forever, since the dawn of time.  Unix gurus should know the actual
date for the dawn of time, but that is a different issue.

Appropriate topics have ALWAYS been a point of contention.  Some lists
are worse than others - subscribe to spridgets or land-speed for a
while.  Some
time ago I set up the-local@autox.team.net with the hope that a lot of folks
would subscribe to that for random chatter about life, the universe and
everything, like the recent 'Thunder Road' thread on the Triumph list.

Kind of like http://www.team.net/forums - nobody uses it because nobody
uses it.  Every now and again I get to thinking I should subscribe all
12,000+
Team.Net subscribers to the-local and then say something stupid on that
list, just to see what happens.  One of these days...

For the most part this list is about MGs.  Sometimes we stray.  Deal
with it.

mjb.

except for
      the few still under majordomo  - I gotta get those moved over!