Re: [Mgs] The dreaded 'Kent Collection'

To: arundell@ghs.com.au
Subject: Re: [Mgs] The dreaded 'Kent Collection'
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 09:13:52 -0600
Depending on how the spam SW is written, clicking the unsubscribe link
in the spam message may not be a good idea.  Some SW uses that link to
tell it it has hit a "live" email address, so it adds it to its list of
live addresses.  Spammers trade those lists or vend them, meaning you
can suddenly get a barrage of unrelated spam.  Just depends on how the
spammer operates.  It's a tossup.

I use Thunderbird for email.  It has fairly sophisticated filters so I
toss the spam in the junk folder.

  CR