Re: [Mgs] The wrong side of the road

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] The wrong side of the road
From: Richard Gosling <rbgosling@googlemail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 10:20:49 +0000
Until TVR went bust a couple of years ago, they still insisted on putting
the indicator stalk on the right for RHD cars, where it should be.  I
remember it used to annoy magazine journalists who test drove their cars,
but it earned them a modicum of extra respect from me!

My previous "other" car was a Subaru, which was handy, also having an RH
indicator.  Now that's been replaced with a BMW, so I'm constantly switching
from one to the other, and frequently trying to inform other road users by
turning on my wipers, or expressing my displeasure by furiously squirting
the screen...

Still, better than when I came back from 3 months in the States, driving a
column-mounted automatic.  When coming to a stop I'd apply the brakes, stall
the engine (having forgotten to declutch), and then turn on the wipers (in
an attempt to put the gearbox in 'park').

Richard & Sammy ('73 Black Tulip BGT)