Re: [Mgs] Arizona cars for sale

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Arizona cars for sale
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 14:28:42 -0800
>From what I've seen, the only clean, low-mile original MGBs that ever come
up for sale are 1980 LE models (logically enough). It seems like a lot of
people bought them and stashed them away thinking they would be collector's
items someday. At any rate, they didn't drive them.

So that is probably why they are frequently seen advertised for prices that
seem somewhat rich given their desirability to MG purists. But I don't think
$12,500 was unreasonable, really (35K miles!). And for RB models, 1979-80
were clearly the best years. The drivability was much improved, and the
level of equipment was superior.

Also consider that the whole package has had 10-15 years less "aging" than a
mid-60s B.

Not really my cup of tea (I could get a plastic dashboard in a modern car,
if I wanted one), but I can see why they have their own fan base.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149