[Mgs] British car dealerships in the area

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] British car dealerships in the area
From: don <don@napanet.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 14:03:11 -0800
This is an abbreviated thread from the NoBBC (North Bay British Car
Club) email list about British car dealers in the SF Bay
Area.  Robin's comments were especially interesting, and a fellow
with the Mini club found Bob Danielson's website with a British
Leyland document that lists all the US dealers in 1974.  There were a
lot of postings, all interesting, but I was reluctant to repost them
without getting permission.
Don Scott
Calistoga CA USA

The Dealer string seems to have flamed out; was fun while it lasted, but
there were only that many dealers to talk about.

Just a couple of final comments from me of interest to Morgan folk. I
mentioned Frank Henry on Telegraph in Berkeley. I bought two 1958 Mogs from
him, the first one I had a terrible wreck with, but survived with cuts and
bruises. The second he sold me for a very decent price, $2,500 as I
remember. I raced that one. Frank was a fine gentleman. He always wore a
three piece tweed suit, gold chain and watch in the vest pocket. He kept his
cars on an open lot but had a small sales office where he had poetry books
to read. Where else but Berkel;ey?

Lou Spencer had the Worldwide business on Sepulvada. He was the one to beat
in his line of "Baby Dolls", that's what he named his cars. He had a French
mechanic, Claude, who could change out a clutch in a half hour. He had cut
away the firewall and pulled the tran out through the cabin. Ahh, those were
the days!

Cheers, Rj

What a little search on the internet does... this should interest a lot of
you.  Google "danielson family triumph website", click on first
entry, then under "Other Cool Stuff,"
click on "74 Dealer Sales & Svc. for a list of all the BL
dealers.  Bob has put together a great website!