Re: [Mgs] Tops, hoods.

To: Tuck Southworth <tsouthworth70@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Tops, hoods.
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 18:19:55 -0600
 I have a Robbins top on my '69 B.  When we first fitted it, on a warm
day in the shade, we didn't make it very  tight, hoping that the later,
inevitable, shrinkage wouldn't make it hard to put up later.  Well, it
shrunk so that it's a pain to put up and the snap fastener straps that
are supposed to fit to the windscreen frame don't reach (never did after
a month).  When I erect the top now I can only get two of the lower
lift-the-dot fasteners to engage the posts.  Fortunately, they're the
ones at the rear corners so the thing seals up pretty well, in B terms.
(G)  It's such a chore to put the top up that my wife won't drive the
car by herself if the weather forecast indicates even a chance of
rain.   Bummer, because she loves the car and drives it well.

If there are any vinyl tops out there that are better I'd like to know
about them.

  CR