[Mgs] 1967 car show

To: Mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] 1967 car show
From: don <don@napanet.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 20:11:52 -0800
1967 Motor Show in Paris:  http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=44937

Panning L/S the Triumph range of cars on show. M/S the new Triumph
TR5 with fuel injection system. C/U the engine of the TR5. Various
shots the Citroen DS with headlights moving. M/S MGB GT on revolving
stand. C/U ditto, pan to cutaway engine. M/S the NSU RO 80. C/U
ditto. C/U the Wankel engine. C/U pan Autobianchi, old style sports
car. M/S ditto. C/U Mini Austin Cooper. M/S the Mini. C/U as the door
opens and girl in the passenger seat picks up telephone in car door.
C/U the girl speaking into the telephone.

A Canadian friend just sent this to me and I did a little searching
and found the video of the Paris show of 1967.  There is a treasure
here for British car nuts and Anglophiles:

>http://www.britishpathe.com/index.php
>
>This site is highly recommended for viewing, but beware, it is very
>addictive.  It shows thousands of the 1-3 minute films that we used
>to see at the cinema in long ago times.  The films are mainly of the
>1920s to 1960s with a few from earlier years.

Don Scott
Calistoga
1962 MGA Mk II
1991 Miata BRG