Re: [Mgs] MGA owners?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGA owners?
From: "Howard Battan" <battanhr@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 09:05:04 -0800
Hi Dan. Yes, I've got an A. It's a 1957 (according to the title and
registration) that I have had since 1975.  I used it as a daily driver for
years. I cleaned it up and resprayed it (red, of course) an about 1983 or
so. Right now its out in the shop for a more thorough refurbishing to get
rid of the rusty bits and to repaint. Engine (a 1600) and transmission have
both been overhauled by a professional in Tacoma, WA.

The interesting thing about this car is that it has the Dunlop disk brakes
and Twin Cam pegged knock-off wheels. I didn't realize this at the time I
bought it, but I sure do like the disk brakes!

I'm hoping to get it back on the road by this summer/fall. In the meantime I
have a '79 B and a '54 1250 TF to drive.

I'm sure you'll get lots of responses from other A-owners, too . I know
there are a lot of them on this list.

Howard
Anacortes, WA