Re: [Mgs] An MGA dragster on e-Bay Defense of Tennessee

To: <melfrankus@carolina.rr.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>, <guinness@stclegal.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] An MGA dragster on e-Bay Defense of Tennessee
From: Mike Eldred <redscirocco@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 14:14:11 -0500
This thread on stereotypes reminded me of a miscommunication involving
then-presidential candidate Howard Dean, from my home state, who said that he
wanted to be the candidate for guys with pickup trucks and Confederate flags.
Everyone assumed it was some kind of slur against southerners.  But it wasn't
- because as Howie knew, there are thousands of guys in Vermont (and
Wisconsin, and Oregon, and...) with old pickup trucks and, believe it or not,
Confederate flags.

The point is, they're everywhere.  In Vermont, we don't call them rednecks, we
call them woodchucks.  Although my own woodchuck traits don't tend toward the
molestation of classic automobiles, I do drive a 17-year-old pickup - no
Confederate flag.  But who knows, just up the road there could be some
woodchuck getting his MGA ready for this year's demo derby ;-)

If I see him, I'll yell at him.

TinOsee---- "

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390709/direct/01/