Re: [Mgs] Wheel offset

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Wheel offset
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 09:52:14 -0800
Offset is the same between various wheel widths, if the intent is to keep
the wheel centered in the well -- think about it. "Backspace" would change
based on wheel width.

Good question about measuring wire wheel offset. I wonder if the concept had
even been articulated in the wire wheel heyday -- rims were often narrower
than the hub, as in bicycle wheels today. At any rate the measurement is not
comparable to a bolt-on -- apples vs oranges.

But I am sure that is why the axles are different length -- the hub is much
thicker on a wire wheel.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149