Re: [Mgs] Twin Cam one of the "Worst 50"

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Twin Cam one of the "Worst 50"
From: The Roxter <rocknatural@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 18:41:29 -0600
David F. Darby wrote:
> What a shame. I guess everyone will be turning their Twinkies in now
> since they won't be worth anything. As a special service, I'll be
> collecting them for you at my central Missouri (US) location. I would
> prefer you bring them yourself, but I suppose I could come and pick
> them up if you covered my fuel costs. No, no, don't thank me, I'm just
> trying to be supportive. ;-)
I went down to Cooksville after I blew the engine in my MGA in 1965. They had a
twin-cam engine on a bench there. I asked them to sell it to me for the racer.
The guy said, "No, you'll just blow it up and it's rare now." He offered to
sell me a rebuildable 850 Mini for $50 if I promised to race it. It cost me
$250 to race-prepare it. Best move I ever made.

-Rocky Frisco