[Mgs] 64' MGB, did it have one or two keys?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] 64' MGB, did it have one or two keys?
From: Pete Groh <pete_groh@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 07:43:54 -0800 (PST)
I got a inquiry from a MGB car owner where the locks have been replaced. His
ignition key code number is FS 944. The door locks and boot locks have been
replaced. Does anyone have a build record for a 64' MGB with the key code
number listed.

 On the 64's, did one key work the ignition switch and the doors, and 2nd key
work all other locks. What head shape was the ignition key?

If you have any spare lock inserts for the doors that uses the FS series keys,
can you contact me off the list? Manufacturer Part Number: AHH6673
I can re-key locks for the door and boot lock. His car has the button type lock.

I usually advise car owner's to get a car build record when keys are lost or
replacement locks are on the car.

http://www.mgcars.org.uk/namgar/bmiht/bmiht.htm

Kind regards

Pete Groh  (KeyGuy)