Re: [Mgs] Fwd: new mg owner in south fla.

To: "W. David Houser" <mgs4dave@tampabay.rr.com>, "MGList List"
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Fwd: new mg owner in south fla.
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 09:47:25 -0000
Unless someone has been fiddling with or damaged the wiring if the coil is
powered all the ignition powered things should be on as well, i.e. fuel
gauge being most visible (if it works and you have fuel), and the brake
lights and reversing lights will be working with the key off and out.  The
simplest way that can happen (on a 73) is if the bottom two fuses have come
into contact somehow.  I'd doubt very much if simply a water bridge would
pass enough current to get the coil hot.  Is the ignition switch buggered so
that even though the key has been turned and removed the switch is still on?
If none of those you will have to start testing whites at the coil, fusebox
and ignition switch to try and work out what is happening.

PaulH.