Re: [Mgs] Engine Frustration

To: Craig Straub <craigstraub@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Engine Frustration
From: Richard Ewald <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 13:27:21 -0700
Remove the plugs.
Disable the ignition system.
Does the engine turn over w/ the starter?
Were the cylinders full of coolant or fuel? (Now you know why I said
to disable the ignition*)coolant= head gsk or cracked head. Fuel =
carbs flooding.
No?  Put a socket on the crank pulley and try to turn by hand. Turns?
Probably a voltage drop problem with the starter circuit.
Doesn't turn?  Mechanical issue inside engine.
Have fun
Rick
* ask me what happens if you don't disable the ign.

Sent from my iPhone