[Mgs] MGB-GT windshields

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] MGB-GT windshields
From: MGBOB <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 14:28:57 -0400
   Does anyone who has replaced a windshield lately have advice on on the
windshield glazing rubber?
   Word around in our club is that NOS glass is thicker than today's
Pilkington replacement glass and that today's glazing rubber is sized to
today's glass, and that too-tight glazing will cause the thicker glass to
crack during installation.
   This may, or may not, be true.  If someone has a recent windshield,
could you measure it so we can know for sure.
   I have a NOS Pilkington tinted windshield, still in the wrapper, that
will replace an aftermarket glass that came when I bought this car some
years and many stone dings ago.
Thanks
Bob

Mgs@autox.team.net