Re: [Mgs] first drive of the year

To: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] first drive of the year
From: Paul Root <ptrmgb@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 11:42:18 -0500
Minnesota.

On Mar 30, 2010, at 11:26 AM, Bill Saidel wrote:

> But Paul, where are you writing from? North Dakota??? Two Saturdays ago, I
pulled my 76B out of the garage for the proverbial winter maintenance (oil
change, spark plug change, quick battery charge) and took my SO for an hour's
trip around Southern New Jersey. And old and frail?????? try 62....
> But it was soooo nice driving in a sunny 60 degree environment....yea, I
know what you mean about "Good to be back."

> Bill Saidel
> BMCSNJ
>

> Paul Root wrote:
>> I drove my 77 'B into work today. First drive of the year.
>>
>> It was about 47 degrees, top up as I'm old and frail (46 :-) ). The car
ran
>> fine, but the temperature gauge never climbed above the edge of the blue
down
>> by the C.
>>
>> I stopped at a convinence store 13 miles in and a mile away from the
office. 3
>> minutes in for my morning drink, and the engine didn't want to start. A
couple
>> minutes of cranking and it came to life. So I've got some diagnostic work
>> do.
>>
>> Last week, when I pulled the car out of storage, I removed the heater
valve
>> and put in my home made (plumbing ball valve) valve. I haven't gotten
around
>> to hooking up the controls, so it's wide open. Which could be a symptom of
the
>> temperature gauge.  I did top up the radiator fully.
>>
>> Good to be back in the car.
>>

>> Paul.

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html