Re: [Mgs] Installing a Crane XR 700 electronic ignition - tips?

To: Mark Wise <markwisenc@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Installing a Crane XR 700 electronic ignition - tips?
From: The Roxter <rocknatural@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 13:43:37 -0500
Mark Wise wrote:
> Hi all...
>
> I have a 1980 MGB that I will be attempting to get back on the road
> after a rather long hiatus (more on that later).  One step in this
> process will be to install a Crane XR700 ignition system.  For those of
> you who have attempted this, any advice, tips, or warnings?  :-)
>
> The installation instructions suggest that I also replace the coil,
> rotor and cap, spark plug wires, and spark plugs.  Any advice on the
> make for these (specifically the coil)?
I don't know the Crane system, but I have used a number of different electronic
systems over the years. Just one warning: be careful when hooking up live
connections; many of the modules can be killed forever by a wrong connection.

-Rocky Frisco
--

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html