[Mgs] More seatbelt questions

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>, <MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Mgs] More seatbelt questions
From: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 12:57:01 -0600
I am working on the seats/interior of my 64B. But I need to plan in the
seat belt install before I get too far. Currently, floor boards have
been repaired and I am starting on the carpet installation with seats to
follow. It looks like the 64B has the usual two point mounts but there
appears to be additional mounting on the wheel well. Paul Hunt indicated
that some Bs did have such a mount point location. Anyway, the pictures
show where I am at which are on this webpage (pictures only):

http://www.karamursel.org/mg/seatbelt.htm

The top picture shows an eyebolt which is just in place loose (tunnel
carpet hasn't been mounted yet) to show location. Bottom picture shows
wheel well mounts. Middle picture shows hole which I have cleaned out
now but is for a 7/16 fine thread bolt.

I had thought all the early MGBs would use a two point seatbelt system,
particularly with the shorter seats. Should I use a 3 point system since
I have these wheel well bolt mounts (appear to be 5/16" bolts)? The Moss
catalog shows two different seat belt designs (2 and 3 pt) with
hardware. They show bolts and nuts - do these bolts fit in the
pre-existing bolt holes? I like the eye-bolt setup but will go standard
fixed bolts if they do not, just wondering if anyone has experience with
the Moss seatbelt kits installing in the MGB. I haven't determine bolt
hole size on the tunnel yet but will probably know in the next few
hours.

David Councill

64 B

67 BGT