Re: [Mgs] Today's bring a trailer

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Today's bring a trailer
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 10:39:27 -0700
The consensus seemed to be that wasn't a bad price. I mean, for some reason
there have always been plenty of 79-80 Bs with ultra-low miles. I think
people thought they would be collector items as the "last MG", and stashed
them away. But to find a steel-dash car with low miles is truly unusual.

My experience is similar to Don's -- the supply of good, solid, unrestored
Mark I Bs seemed to have dried up back in the late 80s. There are nicely
restored cars around, and the occasion rustbucket or basket case, but you
never see a relatively untouched car in any kind of decent condition.

I don't think it has anything to do with mass appeal (57 Chevy analogy). The
appeal among just MG or LBC "insiders" justifies the price.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

on 4/14/10 8:51 AM, don at don@napanet.net wrote:

> Curious, what do you other MG guys think of this car and this
> price?  Are early MGBs going to replace '57 Chevies as the new cool
> car to own?
>
> I have been searching for a steel-dash B roadster for too long
> now.  Seems like the spiraling upward prices are always just ahead of
> my idea of value.  Maybe I bought too many MGBs back in the '70s and
> '80s with bad clutches, otherwise nearly perfect, for a few hundred bucks.
>
> Don Scott
> Calistoga, CA
>
> 1962 MGA Mk II
> 1973 MGB GT (selling)
> 2001 Miata SE BRG
> 63-67 MGB (searching)
>

> At 05:54 AM 04/14/2010, Richard Ewald wrote:
>> Wow.  Time capsule
>> http://bringatrailer.com/2010/04/13/bat-exclusive-38k-mile-1963-mgb-time-caps
>> ule/#more-

Mgs@autox.team.net