Re: [Mgs] Update -- 80 MGB: Faulty coil and fuel pump

To: "Mark Wise" <markwisenc@gmail.com>, <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Update -- 80 MGB: Faulty coil and fuel pump
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 08:42:56 +0100
After cranking for a few moments take one or more plugs out.  If fuel is
getting through there should be a strong fuel smell.  No fuel smell no fuel.
If you blow gently into the float chamber vent port while looking at the jet
you *should* see fuel bubbling up if there is any in the float chamber and
the jet isn't blocked.  If they are wet it is flooded, although if you still
have the auto choke that is unlikely unless the choke is stuck on.  Even if
you have a fuel smell if the choke is stuck off there may not be enough to
start in cool conditions.