[Mgs] OT Carb induced stumble

To: e-type mail list <e-type@jag-lovers.org>, tr3a
Subject: [Mgs] OT Carb induced stumble
From: Rick Lindsay <rolindsay@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 08:51:22 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks folks for all the good advice.

I have concatenated the prompt responses to minimize List clutter:

Keith on the E-Type List wrote:

> ...issue is in the progression phase mixture.  And this is
> controlled by the idle mixture screws.

Makes good sense, and the problem has been there for a long time.
Keith went on to say:

> ...have fresh gasoline...

Tank is 1/4 old gas (8 months old?) and 3/4 new (yesterday), both
93 octane.

Les on the E-Type List agrees with Keith, and states so:

Paul on the MG List wrote:

> Sounds like generally weak mixture...

Paul also asked about the ignition, which I did replace, but the
problem was there before the ignition work.

The mighty Wiggles on the E-Type list wrote:

> ...how old are the sparkling plug wires? I've seen them exhibit
> this behavior.

Me too, but the ignition wires are new, and the problem predates
them, as stated above.

And finally,

Mr. Smartly Pants Diddums on the TR3 List wrote,

> Thought of switching to fuel injection?

Answer: No  :-P

best regards everyone, and thanks,

-rick