Re: [Mgs] Got jets?

To: <ccrobins@ktc.com>, <daybell7@aol.com>, <atweditor@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Got jets?
From: "Hans Duinhoven" <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 18:59:23 +0200
Seems to me, that change of air cleaner changes the rate of air resistance
through the air filter.
This all alters the fuel - air mixture, which is normally working correctly
all carb factory settings.
What are the carb factory settings?
Needle type
Jet type
Spring type of the assembly wherein the needle is fitted
Damper oil type.

As I think the air restriction is higher with the standard air cleaner,
there are some changes to try out:
Richer needle type
Spring type

Personally I think a richer needle type would help best.
Looking to previous discussions on the list, I would avoid Grose jets.

Cheers,
Hans
71 BGT