[Mgs] starter and solenoid

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] starter and solenoid
From: Paul Root <ptrmgb@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 13:51:43 -0500
My car has been down for better than a month now, stalling issue suddenly
became a won't turn over issue.

Last night I finally got into it. Pulling the wires off the starter and making
sure they were good. The connector on the white/green was suspect so I
replaced it.

On re-assembly, I found that I couldn't get the nut on the battery post of the
solenoid. It was stripped out.

Assuming that the starter is still good, I guess I need to replace the
solenoid. I'm assuming that they can be separated and a new one put on?

I guess I need to bench test the starter before I do that too.

Any words of wisdom on this path?

Paul.

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html